Arrival in Northern Wales

The view from Astralship

With one of the two weekly Wizz Air direct flights from Budapest I arrived in Liverpool, England, from where I took the first train. I had a bus ticket but that was to depart in the evening, I thought the train is a better option. I actually wanted to book a ticket online for the train but the booking page of the Arriva Wales's website didn't work. (That's why I booked the coach.) But it turned out the ticket from the ticket office (from a living and helpful human) was cheaper than online (£29 instead of £37), plus the travel was also faster (1.5 hrs instead of 2.5 hrs) although this too included a change at Chester. Then, from Bangor, I took a taxi instead of trying to find a local bus as the driver offered a good price, £20 to the village of Deiniolen (Llanbabs). He was a proud nationalist Welsh, but very friendly as I seemed open for their culture. I do like to get to know new cultures, and the best way is through language. Welsh is a widely spoken language in this part of Wales; unlike other recently revived Celtic languages, it has never died out. It seems, to be accepted by locals you need to learn a bit of their language, and I'm happy to do so. I just have to wait until my 11-day quarantine is over, to start. This time is spent aboard the Astralship, the unique co-working space, a part hostel part commune (or 'intentional community') that I visited in April 2017. For a while, it will be my home, then we'll see how things go. 











Popular posts from this blog

Leshan (very basic) tourist information with map

Hiking to Damian Mountain and Xingping viewpoints near Yangshuo

Riyadh - Transport and districts (updated in July 2025)